Thursday, November 1, 2012

Italian Horror Blogathon: Zombie Creeping Flesh / Virus

This was supposed to be my submission as part of Kevin’s Italian Horror Movie Blogathon at Hugo Stiglitz Makes Movies. If you read my blog and don’t read his…well, that just doesn’t make any sense, but head on over and read the great submissions by himself and others.

038

(I thought that this singular screencap best summed up what was so great about this film -- for more great pictures, see last year’s post).

I don’t like that the last time I posted, now a full one-year ago, it was in essence a self-admitted defeat at the hands of Bruno Mattei, Claudio Fragasso, and a bunch of video editing software.  Hopefully this post will somewhat remedy that. In taking a look at what I’ve contributed to this blog in that one year between posts I came up with the following list:

  1. Nothing
  2. I figured out how to re-encode the video I made about Zombie Creeping Flesh/Virus last year so that the sound was in sync.

That’s about it.  Yeah, I couldn’t even be arsed to do a write-up on this film, even though I have a 3-page long list of notes. Maybe that will be my goal for November 1st, 2013.  Still, I am quite proud of the video, my re-cut version of just the bare essentials of Zombie Creeping Flesh/Virus.  It leaves intact all of the non-sensical moments and hilariously stilted dialogue while removing any of the needless padding or stock footage.  In other words, it makes it watchable.

In other news, I’ve actually been watching movies again lately (even if a lot of them have been nothing more than Rifftrax releases), so perhaps I’ll catch the bug to start writing about them again.  Or not, and if that’s the case, I’ll talk with all of you again in 365 days!

1 comments

apparently you do forget to write it's been so long, greetings